Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

Anyone ready for fall?

The GOOD:  There appears to be no external damage to our home in Florida and for sure there is no water damage from the storm surge.  The report was for a surge of 12-15 feet but in reality it was only 2-3 feet----GOOD  Also under the good I finally figured out why out cooler in the camper has not worked very well for some time.  It needed a new AC/DC plug in.  I got the new one yesterday and presto it works great again.
The BAD:  There is no electric service and it could be a LONG time in coming.  With temps in the 80s that could very well mean mold AND with no electricity nobody can get into the house as both front and back have storm shutters that go up and down electrically!  Also under the bad I could list my orders from Amazon.  For the third time in a month my order is coming from China!  I may be here in 4 weeks.  Maybe I should not complain as long as things are not coming from North Korea!
The UGLY:  I finally got out on my bike again yesterday and after a 5 mile ride I was tired because I have put on weight, some!
There it is, the story of my life at this time.
FP all gone and Terry has THREE apt today so will be gone most of the time.  The wood shop work will be on hold.  I actually am struggling with this darn work that needs to be done around here.  Yesterday I found myself having a great time doing some wood projects but in reality I should have been upstairs working on trim.  Maybe tomorrow--that should be fine for a retired guy who feels he deserves some fun!!!
I saw on the news yesterday that Polaris has brought back the Indian motorcycle and I thought of brother Dave.  I may have to get me one of those, just kidding kind of!  Not sure a 70 year old guy, who really has not ridden a cycle for 50 years, should get a 700 pound bike BUT maybe they make ones that would look like my Harley Sprint 250--careful Carmen not to think too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment