Thursday, September 14, 2017

Great news for sure

It does not seem like 8 years but then it seems more than that as today in 2009 Gail died.  It was 12:20 in the afternoon and most family were there to say good-bye.  Much has changed since that day but as I have said so often the only sure thing in life is change.  Gail's life was way way too short but her love of family and her caring spirit lives on in many.
I can't tell how happy I was to talk to our home watch person and find out that our home is intact with no visual damage.  The power came on Tuesday evening which meant the AC was working and all was well at 732 Wiggins Bay DR.  That is NOT to say the area was great.  Our home watch person said she had to park outside the gate and walk in as the road was not open yet.  Even the screen on the cage over the pool was intact after 140 mph winds.  That is amazing.  Thank you Lord.
Terry and I are going out to eat with friends tonight.  We are going to Murray's in downtown Minneapolis.  We seldom go out to eat and NEVER to downtown anywhere BUT I have heard many many times about Murray's butter-knife steak which they are famous for.  Sid Hartman, on WCCO radio gives out gifts for that when he interviews someone famous.  I went on line this morning to see what the scoop is and WOW, one had better bring maybe TWO credit cards!!!  I knew that would be the case and of course we are not going to order something so terribly expensive.  On game days, which today is, they have a burger, fries and beer for $12.  However the butter-knife steak comes in at $105👎and then if you want a special wine to go with that you could order the $1200 bottle.  Yes I did type the number correctly!  Oh I forgot to mention that the butter-knife steak is for 2.  It will be fun.  I am not one to go around dropping names of places I have been but I have, for a long time, wanted to see what Murray's was like so tonight we will see!
I mowed the lawn yesterday and I have to say that never, in the last 40 years, has the lawn looked quit like this in mid September.  Is it lush, green and perfect?  No, but it does look nice if you don't walk around and examine every little bit.  It is fun as I have worked a lot on it for the last several years and it is fun to see the fruits of ones labor.  My desire for a nice lawn perhaps comes from growing up on the farm where Mom did not have a great yard.  I remember the day Dad came home with a lawn mower and Mom was so excited.  Before that we just mowed around the yard with the Ford tractor.  I am guessing that must have been about 1953 or so, not sure but I remember Dad taking it out of the back seat of the car and I was so excited.
We had a fun time yesterday as the Bindes are in town for a Dr. apt for Dale today.  Al/Deb, Dale/Deb Terry and I and Dale/Deb's daughter Danette met at Tavern on Grand for lunch.  It was good to catch up on family and get the scoop on Dale's health.  He is dealing with a kidney, which will be removed next week, and a huge lung issue.  We hope and pray for the best. Also talked a bit about Grandma Saunders as she is just not doing well in many respects.  I remember when Dad was not doing so well and some of the things he said or did were not so nice.  That same thing is happening with Grandma and Deb B. has to deal with much of it.  Well I guess nobody was promised a bed of roses from life to death so it is what it is.
Enough for now as I need to get out on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment