Wednesday, September 27, 2017

48!!!

Yes, it is in the 40s this morning.
As I glance out the window at the green lawn and it actually has nice grass in it  I marvel that this late in the season, September 27th, the lawns look nice.
Some more progress in preparations for our trip south.  I did a tiny bit of work on the bathroom mirrors that I framed as I

13 of Grandma Saunders 14 granddaughters taken in 1993
needed to fill in the holes where the screws went.  I then filled in a couple of small holes in the foundation so the mice can not find a nice warm home.  Terry worked around the house and accomplished a lot.  She made the comment, "Why didn't we do this work, clean things up at the beginning of summer instead of just before we leave?"  I had no good answer for her!  I could have said because I am now on the decline of my living years and I tend to do what I like rather than what I should do--better left unsaid for sure!!!
The truck arrived at it's winter home full of gas and ready to snuggle up in the pole barn for the winter.  It actually seems strange to look out the window and not see it parked on the street.  After paying for the repairs it also seems strange to look at the bank account and not see any $$!
There is a tiny bit to do before Terry and Barb arrive for lunch today.  After I write I will make a trip to the grocery store for a few items but other than that there are a few things to do around the house.  Terry pretty much has things ready as usual.
The FP is cold so need to heat it up a bit, drink the last tiny sip and then heat to L/B grocery.

No comments:

Post a Comment