Thursday, June 2, 2016

VT

I have not had the time to download any pictures yet.  We are currently in St. Johnsbury VT.  We are camped by a quiet stream in a campgrounds that is very nice.  Had showers for the first time in several days and Terry got two loads of laundry done, the first time she has been able to to that. 
We are 3200+ miles into our trip.  We have seen so much and had perfect weather.  We spent 3 nights in Acadia NP and the weather was sunny and 70's.  Went into Bar Harbor a couple of times.  We think Acadia may be our favorite NP now. 
One night in Boston we had a wonderful lobster dinner, 2 1/2 pd Maine ones that melted in my mouth.  JFK and FDR libraries were so so interesting as were many other things.
Tomorrow we will spent around VT but for sure will be in Stowe VT in the AM to pick up some Heady Topper beer.  Two years ago it was judged the best beer in the world.  We will find out if that is true or if they have great sales people.  On their web site they have the stores and days they deliver and most places limit sales to a 4-pack per person.  I called one place today and they said they get 240 4-packs on Friday and they go fast!  It is not sold outside of VT.  Is it important, no but it is fun!
On the 4th we will head west for a visit in South Bend and Madison before we park the camper in St. Paul the 10th. 
Oh, I did not have my FP in the morning on Wednesday but I drove into Bar Harbor to get some pictures.  I stopped in a small cafe and asked if they had good coffee.  The guy said he roasted his weekly and would grind it daily.  I said I would have some because I have FP each day but did not have my that morning. He went to the back of the cafe and made me a pot of FP!  Fun.
I will try to get some pictures soon.  We were without phone and internet for several days as our camp sites were out of reach of Verizon. 
Enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time and seeing lots of beautiful places! Let me know how the beer is! Maine lobster never disappoints! You'll be heading home and I leave for Pittsburgh on Tuesday. Austin's graduation is Thursday next week. Will be back on the 11th. We're having quite a bit of rain so haven't been golfing much. Disappointed as a couple of tournaments have been cancelled. Hopefully we'll get some sunshine soon! Have a safe rest of the way home and "Hello" to family along the way!! Love, Helen

    ReplyDelete