Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The dawn of a new era

Terry and I drove to St. Michael's MN, 40 miles, to take in the HS graduation party of Therese Chambers.  Therese is Grandma Saunders' oldest great-grandchild.  Her mother Lisa, is the oldest of Allen's children.  I tried to convince Allen that he has to be older than me because here he has a grandchild graduating from HS and my oldest grandchild will be in the 7th grade.  It did not work, I remain 2 years older as the story goes.  I say the "dawn of a new era" because all of Grandma's 24 grandchildren are well past HS age and now it is the beginning of her 30+ great-grandchildren HS days.
We begin the demolition of our upstairs bathroom in order to enlarge it and make it accessible from the hall rather than the guest room.  That way when we have guests we can use the bathroom at night.  We will put a tub in the bathroom, there is no tub now, as all the bedrooms are on the second floor so it makes sense to have a tub there.  We will be removing a LOT of plaster so it will take some time before we have a contractor come in and do the finish work.  It will get done this summer.
Aaron stopped by Sunday as he and family were in town for a HS graduation party. It was a quick visit but we wanted to show him the plans for the bath.  Terry was able to send a pint of backyard raspberries to the kids.  I am assuming that Ruby ate most of them!  Our raspberries are crazy.  We now need to pick everyday.  Oh my they are so good.
I am thinking I am starting to feel better.  Not sure but I think.  I was able to work on the construction yesterday for several hours.  Sure, I did take a short nap but they need to stop soon.
Not much else to say.  It is hard to believe that we are 3 days away from July.  The days are getting shorter!
My FP that is in my favorite camping cup that Terry gave me is saying that there are about 3-4 sips left so I need to rap things up and start the day with some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment