Friday, June 10, 2016

Last stop

We arrived in Madison WI yesterday early afternoon. Drove through Chicago without delay which was good.  Will be with Aaron and Amy today and head to St. Paul tomorrow.  We have enjoyed out trip so much and seen so much BUT it will be good to be home tomorrow.  This THING that I have has pretty much spoiled the last few days.
We do not know what I have.  It started Sunday night with the chills.  Monday we could not leave the camp ground as I was in bed all day getting up twice to throw!  We did drive to South Bend on Tuesday and we thought things were behind us.  About 4 in the afternoon I spiked a temp of 103 so I went to lay down.  By 7 the bed was completely soaked and my temp was 104.  We felt it was was not wise to stop at Urgent Care so we went to the ER at Memorial Hospital.  We arrived there about 8 PM.  They did all kinds of tests, drew a lot of blood and came up with nothing. By the time we arrived my temp was pretty normal.  We left the hospital at 3 AM!  I felt better but I just had no energy.  Thursday morning I woke up at 6 and the bed was completely soaked again.  We left at around 9:30 and I felt pretty good.  Now the good news.  I woke up this morning and I had not sweat last night so I take that as good.  I did go out this morning to fill the little pool with water as it is supposed to get warm here.  I came in sweating and tired so the bottom line is NO energy but feeling a bit better.  There are 2 tests the hospital took that will not be completed until Monday so something may come up.  We will just have to wait and see.  This no energy is hard to live with.
Not much more.  It has been so fun to see the grandchildren.  Ruby, Leo, Elspeth, Audrey, Liam and Henry are pretty special.  They are getting so big and can do so many things.  As we listened to Henry, Liam and Audrey play the piano I could only imagine how happy and proud my Mom would be.
Enough, I may make myself some FP today.  It has been a long time.
The car will show that we have traveled about 4900 miles by the time we back into the driveway in St. Paul tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment