Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Happy 72 to Dave

Dave at 7

Dave at 72

Happy birthday to brother Dave who is 72 today.  He is a talented guy who does so many things so well.  Terry and I wish you many many more birthdays Dave.
I do not say enough about my siblings.  Helen will have a birthday in August and Joan in September.  They are both incredible women who have done wonderful things with their lives.  Joan lives in Utah with husband Ron while Helen lives in Arkansas.  Growing up on the farm with Helen, Dave and Joan we created many many great memories while working and playing.  Dave and I may have been a bit difficult for Joan at times but as she has done throughout her life, she handled it well!  It is at times like this, a birthday, when I sit back and think about Ronald and Janet.  I guess the older I get the more I wonder what they would have been like if they could have lived into old age.
Until I was well into my adult years I thought Mom and Dad were perfect but then one day it dawned on me that they were just like everyone else, they had flaws but were still great parents!   I loved them so much and not to brag but I think they did a super job of raising their 6 children.  I am thankful for what they did for us and I know that my love for Helen, Joan and Dave is certainly related to how we were raised.
My FP is pretty much history, as is my Kona Coffee too, so it is time to see if I have any energy for that bath upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment