Monday, July 11, 2022

Here we are at the second month of July AND it is John's birthday!

 TERRY

Terry is doing about the same as in the past few days.  I would say that she is staying the same and that it good.  We took a trip this morning but will talk about that later in the blog!


Here is John AND it is his birthday today.  I will not say how old he is but will say he was born in the same year as brother Ronald.  BUT in case you do not know this picture is a few years ago!!!  A man of many talents and he certainly put them to good use over the years.  I do think that at his age now if he needs building done or the like he may spend the money to hire it done.  I will say that still, at his age, he is doing and doing and doing.

I feel like I have put in a days work and it is still not noon.  Terry had an 8:15 doctor appointment this morning to have he hurt foot looked at.  It was a challenge to get her into, out of, into and out of the car as we went to the Dr.   He looked at it and said we should come back in a couple of weeks to have it looked at again.  Not much news for a whole lot of effort.  But she is again home and in bed and feeling OK.  They would not give her any pain meds but said she could take Tylenol to ease the pain.  Hopefully it will get better and hopefully FAST.  I know, I should have had the bed rail up from the beginning BUT!  I am wondering if I can take the afternoon of now that I have put in a full day in the first half???  I know, being a caregiver you are on call 24/7 and that is OK.

I am making progress on my 2023 calendar.  It is slow slow work and I am not sure.  I know there is no hurry but when I start working on something I like to finish it AND if you believe that I have some land in the everglades for sale😀.

With Terry's appt with the Dr. at 8:15 there was no tennis for me today.  I do think I have tennis tomorrow at 9:00.  With few people here now if we play we always play at 9:00.  I would like to play at 7:30 but some do not like the early time and MOST do not like 10:30 as by that time the temp is pretty high.  IF we had played at 10:30 we would have finished at noon.  The weather here at noon had a humidity of 63% and a temp of 89.  Better at 9:00 FOR SURE.

Some of my thoughts today are times with Ronald and John.  John had a boat and water skis so he provided  many trips around the lake and at the age of 10-16 that was a wonderful thing.  The lake days are no more and they were a long time ago.  Actually where we spent hours and hours swimming etc there is NO swimming now.  The Wild Life has it and so to speak it is now for the "birds".  I have always thought that wildlife is important BUT really is it more important than the human race as the lake was the only place to swim and boat for many miles and miles.  Anyway I as so so thankful for the years we had the lake when I was in school.  Now of course thee are not the number of people that lived there when I was at home.  I can think of 5 farms that are now farmed by one or two families.  So the people are fewer and the birds and animals are more so to speak.  I think some people call it process and some would have other names for it!!!

Well at this time it is past noon so will end my writings for today.  For those who read this take care and stay safe in this covid era.



No comments:

Post a Comment